Wedding Venue Checklist
Choosing your wedding venue is one of the first big decisions you’ll make in the wedding planning process, and there is a lot of choice. From choosing a style and type of venue, location and then going to view them. The venue is the foundation for your day and also one of the biggest expenses.
Printable Wedding Venue Checklist
Our free wedding venue checklist PDF allows you to print off copies to take with you on your wedding venue road trip allowing you to make notes when going round and reminding you of key questions to ask.
Print multiple copies of this checklist and taken them with you when you go to view venues. Now you can note down key information and allow you to compare your notes once back home. Just remember to take a pen too!
Using a spreadsheet you can then compare venues helping you make a decision looking at the costs and features of each.
Wedding Venue Checklist
When visiting a venue as well as making sure it feels right to you, there are also some good practical questions and things to think about when going round.
For your own records, make sure that you note what venue you are looking at. The last thing you want is to start checking your notes only to get one venue confused with another.
Name of the Venue:
- Capacity for Ceremony Guests
- Capacity for Reception Guests
- Is there a wedding co-ordinator?
- Is there sufficient parking?
- Is there disabled access?
- Is confetti allowed?
- Is there room for a band or DJ?
- Is there a dancefloor provided?
- Are there any evening noise restrictions?
- Are fireworks permitted?
- Is there a PA system for speeches?
- Does the venue have Public Liability Insurance?
- Is there a secure room to store wedding gifts until we can collect the next day?
- Is there a room available for the bride and groom to use on the day?
- If rooms are available for overnight accommodation, then how many?
- Costs for overnight accommodation?
- Is breakfast included?
- What time is checkout the following day?
- Can rooms be reserved for guests to book?
- If no accommodation at the venue, can the recommend hotels or near by B’n’B’s to use?
- Do they offer in-house catering? If not, do they have any recommendations?
- Do you have exmaple menus and prices?
- Does the venue provide equipment i.e. tables, chairs, linen, plates, glassware etc.?
- Can you supply a cake stand and knife if required?
- Do you have an alcohol license and what time can you offer alcohol until?
- Does the venue insist on supplying the wine and champagne?
- If applicable. What do they charge for corkage?
- What time does the reception need to finish by?
- What are the various options and costs for the venue?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How much is the deposit to secure the date and when is it due?
- How much is the final balance and when is it due?
Take your time to ask questions and consider different parts of the wedding, guests being able to access the venue, room for parking, space to move around for your guests, what happens if it rains? Take lots of notes, take photos and come back and review.